The mission of the Student Affairs Professional Development Committee is to provide comprehensive professional development resources and opportunities guided by the NASPA/ACPA Competencies for staff members in the Division, including graduate assistants, from which they can create their own plans for enrichment for their careers within Student Affairs.
Many options are available when considering your path for professional development. Please view this flowchart to assist in choosing your path and taking advantage of all available opportunities. Also view upcoming professional development opportunities below.
The Student Affairs Professional Development Committee offers monthly professional development seminars for division staff. In addition we encourage staff to attend HR Professional Development Trainings relevant to their position and the field of Student Affairs.
Spring 2021 Professional Development Trainings
- February: Technology with Brock from Student Affairs IT
- March: Legal Issues with Kim
Recommended HR Trainings
- QPR Suicide Prevention Trainings: February 3rd from 2PM to 3 PM
- Mindfulness-Based Performance and Health Optimization: February 10th from 2 PM to 3 PM
- Recognizing and Responding to Microaggressions: February 17th from 2PM to 4 PM
To sign up for HR Development Courses visit your AUAccess Acount.
Other Professional Development Opportunities
- Mental Health Marathon Training Day: March 1st
- QPR Suicide Prevention Training: 8 AM, 11 AM, and 2 PM
- VAR Active Minds Training: 9 AM, 12 PM, and 3 PM
- A Sound Mind Overview: 10 AM, 1PM and 4 PM
The Professional Development Working Group is pleased to share a new approach for communicating about job openings. Rather than sending positions to one individual’s emails address for compilation and distribution, you can now email postings directly to the email@example.com for direct dissemination to the Student Affairs staff. We look forward to this new method allowing for more timely sharing of posting as individual staff members become aware of them.
Student Affairs Professional Development Committee Members
The Student Affairs Professional Development Committee is comprised of Student Affairs support department employees. For more information, email Trey Lightner, Senior Manager of Student Affairs Human Resources.
- Abbigail Hickey
- Markie Pasternak
- Sarah Grace Walters
- Adam Joiner
- Jessica Colley
- Ivy Sibley
- Savanna Ewers
- Trey Lightner