Greek Sing, an annual event presented by the Panhellenic Council, was held Thursday, April 14 in front of a packed Neville Arena crowd. After weeks of practice and preparation, 18 teams of 655 women representing all Panhellenic chapters performed choreographed, themed routines that ranged from “Pajama Party” to “The Loveliest Villains on the Plains.” Last week’s event was open to the public after two years of attendance restrictions put in place to comply with COVID protocols.
The event benefited the Auburn-Opelika Habitat for Humanity, and leading up to the competition, sorority members participated in 220 Habitat build hours and sold more than 4,500 tickets to directly support the charity’s work in the community.
“We are so grateful for another successful year partnering with Habitat for Humanity through Greek Sing,” director of Greek Sing Kelly Moore said. “The competition was especially entertaining this year, and it allowed our community to raise a record-breaking total to be donated to the Auburn-Opelika chapter of Habitat. Panhellenic women continually prove through this philanthropy the profound impact we have as a united community.”
Below is a list of the night’s winners.
- Alpha Chi Omega, First Place
- Alpha Delta Pi, Second Place
- Alpha Omicron Pi, Third Place
- Alpha Gamma Delta, Fourth Place
- Chi Omega, Fifth Place
- Zeta Tau Alpha, Creativity Award
- Alpha Xi Delta, Director’s Award
- Pi Beta Phi, President’s Award
- Alpha Chi Omega, Panhellenic Point Award
- Sigma Sigma Sigma, First Place Fundraising Award
- Kappa Alpha Theta, Second Place Fundraising Award
- Kappa Kappa Gamma, Third Place Fundraising Award