A Message to Students from Dr. Woodard – Dec. 18, 2020

Dear Students,

As the year comes to a close, I would be remiss if I did not share my gratitude to you for allowing us to successfully complete the fall 2020 semester. Our ability to stay on campus is a direct reflection of your commitment to following important safety protocols and university guidelines. I continue to say this semester has been unlike any we have ever experienced before, but I am grateful we were able to begin and end it together.

The university has recently updated policies that will ensure a strong start to the spring semester. Below are the new additions when you return to campus:

• Face coverings are required both indoors and outdoors while on campus. This policy went into effect Dec. 14 and is effective until further notice. Read the complete policy here.

• A new sentinel testing program will be offered this spring. The program will be facilitated by the Harrison School of Pharmacy’s Pharmaceutical Care Clinic and is designed to help protect students, faculty and staff from virus spread. Read more here.

Many of the same policies and expectations from the fall semester will continue when you return to campus next semester. All students coming to campus for in-person courses or to attend campus events will continue to complete their GuideSafe™ Healthcheck daily. We will all be expected to continue those healthy habits like handwashing, physical distancing and wearing our face coverings. We must continue our efforts and not slack on keeping our Auburn Family safe.

In the event that any additional operational changes are made, you will be updated via email.

I wish you all a happy, and especially, healthy holiday season. I look forward to seeing you when we return for another successful semester at Auburn.

War Eagle!

Bobby R. Woodard, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President for Student Affairs

Recent Posts

Archives

Archives

Last modified: 12/18/2020