April 5 Weather Update
Auburn University will suspend normal operations from 1:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 5 due to severe weather concerns. The forecast currently indicates that there may be several rounds of severe weather, so please be prepared for possible storms throughout the day.
Tiger Transit will not operate on Wednesday. Limited campus dining venues will be open for on-campus residents. Check the campus dining app or www.auburn.edu/dining for information on open venues.
All students and employees are encouraged to prepare NOW for the severe weather that is forecast tomorrow.
- Make sure your cell phone number is registered with AU ALERT. Use the link on the My Campus tab in AU Access to access your AU ALERT profile. Family who want to receive alerts can text “Follow @AUALERT” (without quotations) to the number 40404.
- Have a plan on where you will seek shelter.
- If you live on campus, locate the designated severe weather shelter areas in your building.
- For those who live off campus and don’t have a suitable place to seek shelter, if a Tornado Watch is issued for the Auburn area, Draughon Library and Greene Hall (on Wire Road at the College of Veterinary Medicine) will be open.
- Monitor the weather. Go to your shelter area before severe weather arrives. Don’t wait for a warning to take action, as it may be too late to get to a safe place.
Last modified: 04/04/2017