Meet Frank
Frank McEwen is a junior from Chelsea, Alabama, majoring in finance. In his time at Auburn, he has served as the Assistant Executive Director of The BIG Event, a Camp War Eagle counselor, the Assistant Vice President of Campus Relations in Student Government Association and a senator for the College of Business. He is now serving as the incoming Treasurer for SGA.

How did you get involved with SGA?
I originally got involved with SGA by being in the Freshman Forum Freshman Leadership Program. After freshman year, I interviewed for Cabinet and was chosen for Assistant Executive Director of The BIG Event, but the next day the BIG Event moved out of SGA. From that perspective, I guess I took a year off from SGA! Then in the spring of my sophomore year, I ran for senator of the College of Business and won and also was selected as Assistant Vice President of Campus Relations for SGA. I’m also involved with Cru, which is an incredible campus ministry that has a far reaching impact to students from all over campus.

What does it mean to you to be elected Treasurer?
It is really exciting to me. It is something that I have thought about for a long time, but was not sure if I would pursue. I definitely did not think that I would get it. It truly is a testament to the people that surround me. I could not have done any of this without them.

What are your goals for SGA in your term and in the future?
One of my main goals for us is to use the money we have more efficiently. Since the Student Activity Fee referendum did not pass, it is going to be a very tight budget year, so my goal is to be a good steward of what we are given and use the student activity fee as efficiently as possible. In doing that, I want to be transparent about where our money is being spent. I would love to start a semester spending report that clearly outlines where student money is being spent, and hopefully this will be an example for all the Student Activity Portfolios to follow.

What impact do you hope to make on the University as a whole?
Simply put, I want to leave Auburn a better place than I found it. Auburn has had such a profound impact on my life, so I want to use the gifts that God has given me to make Auburn a better place. Auburn is an incredible university, but there is always room for improvement. I want to make changes so that those that come after me will love it even more than I do.

What was your favorite moment of you campaign?
My favorite moment was a campaign meeting we had the night before voting day. It was just a great atmosphere and everyone there was so encouraging. It was so great to have everyone in one place talking through ideas and having fun.

Where’s your favorite place to eat in Auburn?
My favorite place to eat in Auburn is definitely The Hound. The atmosphere is so cool and unique. I’m a big fan of the rustic, outdoorsy feel. Also, their brunch is honestly incredible. Ten out of ten would recommend.

What are your plans for after graduation?
Directly after graduation I would love to take a gap year and spend it overseas doing missions, possibly in East Asia. After that, I would love to have a job in Nashville, maybe in financial advising. But really, it depends on where The Lord wants me, so we will see when the time comes.

Written by Hayley Wright

Last modified: 03/10/2017