Unknown-1Jaylin Goodwin is a junior from Valley, Alabama majoring in marketing with a minor in community and civic engagement. She has been involved on campus through serving in a Freshman Leadership Program, the BIG Event, Omicron Delta Kappa and most recently becoming the newest Panhellenic president. Learn more about Jaylin below.

What brought you to Auburn?

Being raised by a family of Auburn alumni and growing up in a small town just down the road from campus, I always knew I loved it. What ultimately brought me here though was the educational experience I knew I would receive.

Can you describe your involvement with Panhellenic? Do you have a favorite memory from your time in Panhellenic?

I pledged my sorority in the fall of 2013, and then was elected to serve as Vice President of Operations for my chapter as a sophomore. During this time I also served on Panhellenic Cabinet as Director of Extension. This position was new and helped facilitate the process of a new sorority joining our Panhellenic community. My leadership experience within my own chapter, combined with growing love for the women I’d met through Panhellenic, is what led me to run for President this past November.

My favorite memory is when we got to call Sigma Sigma Sigma and extend the official invitation for them to join our campus this fall. The joy and anticipation from everyone in the room was indescribable!

What do you hope to accomplish now that you have been elected as the Panhellenic president?

My goal this year in it’s simplicity is to help recognize that the whole is greater than the sum of its many parts. It’s incredible what we accomplish as individual sororities, but what I have been able to witness is that when we all come together as one, combining our different strengths, the impact is extraordinary. The progress we will work to achieve this year will be what establishes a legacy for future generations of Auburn women, both within Panhellenic and beyond.

What is your favorite part of being Panhellenic president?

There are so many things I love, but I would say leading the President’s small group is my favorite. It has been so fun being able to lead with and learn from 17 of the best girls I know! It is because of them I’ll leave this year with more than just the experience of this position, but with friends for a lifetime.

What is your favorite Auburn tradition and why?

I love the Auburn Creed. It is not written for one particular type of Auburn student, but for all, and that is so special. You go through many different seasons of life during college, and I’ve been able to apply different lines of the creed in my own life to help me find purpose. Where I am at right now, I’d probably say “a spirit that is not afraid” would fit perfectly.

What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?

An older leader in my sorority met with me before my first involvement interview on campus to help calm my nerves a little. She told me I didn’t have to apply for several different organizations to have an impact, but rather find the specific organization that fit my passion, and to find my purpose there.

There have been times where I’ve felt insecure that my involvement experience may not be as diverse or impactful as my peers. In those times I’ve clung to what she said to me that day, knowing that I was called to make a significant impact where I already was, and to wholly invest my time and talents there. I would have never seen myself serving in the capacity I do today, and I have her and a lot of the wisdom she shared with me as a freshman to thank for that.

What is your favorite restaurant in Auburn?

You can never go wrong with El Dorado. The best Mexican food, and it definitely fits the college budget.

What are your plans after graduation?

Change the world? Just kidding, I don’t exactly know, and I am okay with that. There are so many different things you can do with a marketing degree. I think I would like to enroll directly into graduate school to continue my education, but we’ll see what happen

Last modified: 05/27/2016