Campaigns for 2016 Miss Auburn began on February 3 and will end with voting on February 9. Miss Auburn will be announced on February 9 at callouts.

Name: Jennifer AshmanView More: http://sydneybrutonphotography.pass.us/jen-miss-auburn    
Major: Healthcare Administration
Platform: When I was 15 years old, I went on my first international mission trip to a remote village in Honduras with Honduras Outreach Incorporated. Since then, my passion for serving others has continued to grow with each new journey I have taken. The Auburn Creed says, “I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.” This message and Auburn’s core values were the driving force behind my decision to enroll. I believe George Petrie wrote these words to speak to a higher sense of purpose. I believe his vision called upon students and alumni to come together to show others outside of Auburn what these values mean. This is why I am committed to raising money for Alternative Student Breaks (ASB) for those students who have a heart to serve but may not have the financial means to do so. Now, every student may not be able to travel abroad. However, every student who works with this campaign can make a difference. They can join the Auburn family and contribute to George Petrie’s vision of “mutual helpfulness”. As Miss Auburn, I would love to kindle the fire that burns in the hearts of Auburn men and women and encourage everyone to embrace serving others.
Fun Fact: Not only am I a first generation Auburn student, I am also a first generation American. All of my family is from England and my sister and I are the first to be born here in the states.

Name: Madi GainesUnknown-2
Major: Human Development and Family Studies
Minor: Asian Studies
Platform: Living in China for five years inspired my platform of reaching out to international students (“Auburn Gain{e}s Perspective”). I will strive to inspire students here at Auburn from all cultures to be unified through various on campus programs. My greatest wish is to truly embrace our tradition of being an Auburn family and to gain cultural perspective through interaction.
Fun Fact: I’m bilingual! I speak English and Mandarin Chinese.

Name: Eva MavrakosUnknown-4
Major: Marketing
Platform: My platform focuses on teaching students to manage their expenses and plan for their future by opening a financial advising office where students would be able to go, for free, while they attended Auburn University. While at Auburn University, they would be able to learn how to pay off their loans, invest for their future, and file their taxes. My plan would create unique internship opportunities, and distinguish Auburn with a resource no one else has. My goal is to make the best University in the country even better By investing in our future NOW, we can be more financially secure to spread charity tomorrow, because you have to make to be able to give.
Fun Fact: I wrote an 80,000 word novel in high school.

My Name: Madison RollingUnknown-5
Major: Industrial and Systems Engineering
Platform: Growing up, my mom always gave me a new outfit for the first day of school. She would tell me that when you feel good in what you wear you’re more likely to break out of your comfort zone and more likely to be confident in yourself. Simply put, you just feel good about yourself. Towards the end of my senior year of high school, I knew I wanted to do something to serve my hometown and based off that desire I created Clothing For Confidence. Clothing for Confidence is a charity that instills confidence through clothing for children in financial need. We do this by striving to provide a new first day of school outfit to any child, grades K-12, who may be in need. In our past three years, we have helped around 600 students, raised over $3,000, and have grown tremendously in the North Alabama area. If chosen as Miss Auburn, I would use her platform as a chance to bring Clothing For Confidence to Auburn. This would be an incredible way to serve the Auburn community and allow the charity to help even more people in need. In addition, I would work to create a professional closet on campus to serve Auburn students as well. This professional closet would be open to any student to rent or purchase professional clothing for interviews, meetings, and future jobs.
Fun Fact: I grew up in Madison, AL, and I am actually named after the county I am from!

Name: Meredith ThomleyUnknown-6
Major: Biomedical Sciences (Pre-Medicine)
Platform: The fourth line of the Auburn Creed reads, “I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body, and a spirit that is not afraid…” As a Biomedical Sciences major and a volunteer at a local clinic, Mercy Medical, these words and the health of all individuals, specifically Auburn students, are near and dear to my heart. If elected to serve as Miss Auburn, I aim to raise awareness by advocating for more support and resources for the Auburn University Medical Clinic. Currently the clinic has 4 physicians and 11 counselors employed for over 27,000 Auburn students. This results in extended waiting room times and lengthy waitlist numbers. I believe that to adequately care for our University, this must improve. I would be incredibly honored if you joined me this week in fulfilling those words of the Auburn Creed by encouraging both sound minds and sound bodies for all Auburn students!
Fun Fact: In high school, I was a flyer on a cheerleading team that won the World Championships in Orlando, FL. After the event, I was immediately interviewed by a reporter. Little did I know, the interview would later air on ESPN!

by Rachel Eilers

Last modified: 02/11/2016